Aggregate Industries, Frome – Mineral Products Operations (Level 2)
Your next step towards your dream career…
When? Monday – Friday, 45 hours per week plus weekend overtime where needed. Shift work may be a requirement.
Where? Nunney, Frome
For how long? 12-15 months
How much? You’ll earn £20,000 a year, plus you will receive all the training and support you need to become a qualified Level 2 Minerals Operative.
You’ll join Aggregate Industries as an apprentice Technician for a fixed period of 15 months.
You’ll devote about 20% of your time to working towards a Level 2 Minerals Operative apprenticeship. You’ll be trained by an expert tutor from Tiro, who will make sure you develop the knowledge, skills, and work habits you’ll need to succeed in your apprenticeship.
- Ensure all work is undertaken safely in accordance with our health and safety processes
- Working alongside other team members, testing the properties of construction materials including aggregates and asphalt
- Quality controlling asphalt and aggregate products to meet customer specification and national standards.
- Suggesting improvements in the performance of manufacturing processes.
- Developing an understanding of the design, use and installation of our construction products.
- Following testing methods to ensure safety and quality and to support the lab and its productions units to maintain its accreditation to operate
Who we’re looking for:
- An interest in construction, science or laboratory testing
- Enthusiastic, reliable, hard working individual able to work on their own initiative
- Flexibility to work out of hours including weekend and some night working as required
- Committed to self-development
- Accurate and meticulous person
- Comfortable working on your feet with occasional heavy lifting
- Creative and innovative
- A strong team player
- 3 GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) including maths and English
- Full UK driving license (due to travelling to different sites within the role)
After completing your Level 2 apprenticeship there are many pathways available to you at Aggregate Industries and beyond. Here are some examples of how your career may progress:
- Senior Technician (Average salary £30,000/year)
- Technical Supervisor(Average salary £35,000/year)
- Area Technical Manager (Competitive Salary + bonuses)