AEV is a family-owned company with its main base of operations in the UK. Through growth and acquisition, the AEV brand has evolved into a global group of companies, supplying its range of innovative products from multiple manufacturing locations worldwide. As an expanding company AEV Ltd offering an opportunity to join a small and dynamic team situated in Merseyside, to support the laboratory in testing of raw materials, preparation of equipment and supporting on ensuring samples are made available in a timely manner.
As a laboratory technician apprentice for AEV Ltd your goal will be to analyse, interpret and evaluate data to identify results requiring further investigation. With support from your mentor, you will be trained in how to work safely in a quality-controlled laboratory, whilst maintaining excellent housekeeping and in accordance with Health and Safety, environment, and risk management systems.
Other duties you will be responsible for with training, include:
• Designing of validation test programs to support change in raw material selection.
• Responsibility for progressing lab scale solutions into series manufacture.
• Manufacture high quality small to medium scale customer samples batches
• Assisting with process optimisation and cost reduction programmes.
• Testing samples & maintaining tank sample documentation.
• Compiling and maintaining technical documentation.
• Assisting with the generation of internal and customer finished product specifications.
• Supporting QA with complaint investigations.
• Supporting QC activities for commercial production.
• Conducting technical investigations on short term projects.
• Actively promoting safe working conditions and practices to ensure that the company's Safety Management System is followed.
• Always maintain good housekeeping/tidiness in areas of activity
• Follow ALL training programs and exercises, submitting coursework and other requirements in a timely fashion.
The Advanced Level Apprenticeship (Level 3 Laboratory Technician) provides individuals with a sound knowledge base that can support them in undertaking further learning and development of their careers.
Skills and characteristics
• Ability to work independently, as well as an active team member when required to do so.
• Flexible approach to their work and show the ability to switch priorities at short notice.
• Excellent communication skills
So how does the apprenticeship work?
Over 21 months, you’ll devote 20% of your 40 hours of working time towards a Level 3 Laboratory Technician apprenticeship. You’ll be trained by an expert tutor from Tiro as well as an experienced mentor at AEV Ltd who together, will make sure you develop the knowledge, skills, and work habits you’ll need to succeed in your career. The best part? You’ll be earning while you learn.
Being an apprentice is hands-on, so you’ll get the chance to learn things you might otherwise not have experienced in a university or college environment.
Not ready to apply yet?