Concept Life Sciences are committed to finding the next generation of recruits who want a career in science. They are a “contract research organisation” which means they design and perform research experiments to solve client’s problems and help them deliver the products of the future. They are customer focused and are proud of the difference their contributions make.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an apprentice at the Concept life sciences lab in Bradford. The apprentice will have a structured programme across the separations sciences (chromatography) and Physical Characterisation team to understand the properties of different pharmaceutical products from powders, gels, medical devices and much more.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be part of a hard-working inclusive team, who welcome a diverse mix of employees from all walks of life.
Throughout the apprenticeship, there will be a structured rotation between the 4 departments (6 months each) to allow experience in all areas and enhance the learning experience. The apprentice will have a lab (technical) and a personal mentor who will support them daily. You will get the opportunity to:
• Work in the quality assurance and facilities department for a full experience of working in a regulated laboratory.
• Working in accordance with relevant industry standards
• Working in a lab environment with chemicals (full PPE provided)
Full training will be given throughout, giving the successful candidate a fantastic experience of analytical chemistry whilst gaining a formal qualification.
• Whilst the role requires the individual to be 18 (due to lab insurances purposes) the apprenticeship will not be starting until this summer so if you turn 18 before June you can be considered.
• A-Level in Biology or Science related discipline (desirable)
Skills and characteristics
• Attention to detail (Accurate records and note taking crucial to role)
• Confidence to ask questions
• Approachable and happy to work as part of a team
• Flexible and willing to learn
• Career minded person committed to grow into this role
Whilst the role requires the individual to be 18 (due to lab insurances purposes) the apprenticeship will not be starting until this summer so if you turn 18 before June you can be considered.
So how does the apprenticeship work?
Over 21 months, you’ll devote 20% of your 37.5 hours of working time towards a Level 3 Laboratory Technician apprenticeship. You’ll be trained by an expert tutor from Tiro as well as an experienced mentor at Concept Life Sciences who together, will make sure you develop the knowledge, skills, and work habits you’ll need to succeed in your career. The best part? You’ll be earning while you learn.
Being an apprentice is hands-on, so you’ll get the chance to learn things you might otherwise not have experienced in a university or college environment.
Not ready to apply yet?