Still a family business after over six generations of experience, we are at an exciting point of growth and are looking for a Quality Control Apprentice to join our Mylands Family.
As a Quality Control Apprentice for Mylands your goal will be to provide quality control and assurance for Mylands products, ensuring products are manufactured to the highest standard. With support from your mentor, you will be trained in how to work safely in a quality-controlled laboratory, whilst maintaining excellent housekeeping and in accordance with Health and Safety, environment, and risk management systems.
Other duties you will be responsible for with training, include:
• Recording all results clearly and accurately
• Carrying out analysis of data and making recommendations on next steps
• Communicating key results to manager, colleagues, and production
• Working efficiently and safely, following lab procedures to maintain high safety standards
• Maintaining laboratory stocks of raw materials and equipment
• Building good working relationships with colleagues and members of other teams across the business
• Fulfil other reasonable duties assigned by the line manger
The Advanced Level Apprenticeship (Level 3 Laboratory Technician) provides individuals with a sound knowledge base that can support them in undertaking further learning and development of their careers.
Skills and characteristics
• Good standard of numeracy and literacy
• Attention to detail
• Curiosity and the ability to learn from observations
• Excellent team worker with the ability to bring other people along
• Positive, proactive Can-Do attitude
• At Mylands, we care and respect each other, and we look for those who do the same whilst building and maintaining relationships with others.
• Our “Mylands Family” culture is important to us and we look for people who will contribute to this, and who are passionate about what we are doing.
So how does the apprenticeship work?
Over 21 months, you’ll devote 20% of your 40 hours of working time towards a Level 3 Laboratory Technician apprenticeship. You’ll be trained by an expert tutor from Tiro as well as an experienced mentor at Mylands who together, will make sure you develop the knowledge, skills, and work habits you’ll need to succeed in your career. The best part? You’ll be earning while you learn.
Being an apprentice is hands-on, so you’ll get the chance to learn things you might otherwise not have experienced in a university or college environment.
Not ready to apply yet?