We produce quality products which are sold into a wide variety of markets - e.g., aerospace, automotive, electronics, medical. The role would be suited to somebody that is interested in science, particularly engineering or maybe chemistry.
Our technical service team is extremely well-regarded by both customers, distributors and our own sales team and we are well-known in the industry to provide an excellent service.
During the normal daily work, the apprentice will be working in the technical services team alongside a mentor combining several functions as part of their training, which will include:
• Responding to incoming technical enquiries on the phone and internet
• Advising and recommending adhesives to customers, distributors, and our customers
• Lab work includes testing adhesives properties - bonding customer projects, testing strength, surface preparation techniques, environmental / durability testing
• Generating test data for adhesives, writing technical reports
• Assisting with quality control testing and complaint investigations
• Assisting with training sessions with other staff and customers
• Potential joint visits to customers with salespeople
• Opportunity to attend and man trade exhibitions
Support will be provided by your mentor and the rest of the team to ensure that your progress as an apprentice is as smooth as possible. A friendly, supportive atmosphere is always present at Permabond, and will help you to learn and understand how a small company, who gives the highest standards of customer service runs.
Skills and characteristics
• Good communication skills
• Problem solving & initiative
• Hardworking, punctual, and conscientious
• Ability to listen and follow instructions
• Questioning mind and able to use their initiative
• Able to work as part of a team
So how does the apprenticeship work?
Over 21 months, you’ll devote 20% of your 37.5 hours of working time towards a Level 3 Laboratory Technician apprenticeship. You’ll be trained by an expert tutor from Tiro as well as an experienced mentor at Permabond Engineering Adhesives Ltd who together, will make sure you develop the knowledge, skills, and work habits you’ll need to succeed in your career. The best part? You’ll be earning while you learn.
Being an apprentice is hands-on, so you’ll get the chance to learn things you might otherwise not have experienced in a university or college environment.
Not ready to apply yet?