For over 90 years we have been supporting our customers with a wide range of coatings including, Chromic Anodising, Sulphuric Anodising, Chromate Conversion, Cadmium, Zinc, Hard Chrome, Copper, Tin, Nickel & Chrome, Silver, Chemical Black, and Stainless-Steel Passivation.
As an organisation committed to quality, we are accredited to NADCAP Chemical Processing, NADCAP NDT, NADCAP Paint Spraying and AS9100 Rev D. We have gained quality approvals from prestigious blue-chip companies such as Rolls-Royce plc, BAE Systems, Airbus, Sellex, UTAS, MOOG and Bombardier to name a few.
At SPL we are specialists in close tolerance masking. We provide innovative masking solutions with accurate finishes across all materials.
An exciting opportunity has become available for an enthusiastic individual to work as a Production Technician within the Plating division at their site in South Yorkshire.
Your role as a Production Technician Apprentice, will be to provide support to the members of the Plating division. Within your apprenticeship you will divide your time performing duties and learning activities such as formal training and shadowing.
As part of your apprenticeship some of the duties you will be required to perform include:
• To ensure the efficient processing of customers components to meet specified standards (SPPS)
• To liaise with the Production Manager to meet delivery dated within an agreed time scale
• To ensure all company documentation is completed correctly to current working procedures
• To look after all equipment and to report any problems to the Works Manager to maximise efficiency
• To undertake sampling and packaging of external samples
• To keep your work area clean and tidy
• To ensure Health and Safety and Environmental standards are maintained within the department
• To undertake any other duties as required.
In this apprenticeship role, SPL will support you to achieve your level 3 qualification as a Science Manufacturing Technician.
Skills and characteristics
• Excellent communication skills
• Attention to detail
• Able to work to deadlines
• Flexible and willing to learn
So how does the apprenticeship work?
Over 24 months, you’ll devote 20% of your 39 hours of working time towards a Level 3 Science Manufacturing Technician apprenticeship. You’ll be trained by an expert tutor from Tiro as well as an experienced mentor at SPL who together, will make sure you develop the knowledge, skills, and work habits you’ll need to succeed in your career. The best part? You’ll be earning while you learn.
Being an apprentice is hands-on, so you’ll get the chance to learn things you might otherwise not have experienced in a university or college environment.
Not ready to apply yet?