We are looking to recruit a Laboratory Technician Apprentice to support our biology and chemistry teams at our main site on the Babraham Research Campus.
The Laboratory Technician will have responsibility for the day-to-day maintenance of our laboratories to ensure smooth and efficient operation. The ability to prioritise work and deliver within a dynamic and demanding scientific environment to meet challenging deadlines is essential. The lab technician will work under the laboratory manager and work closely with the biology and chemistry teams.
• Control of consumables and laboratory stocks
• Processing deliveries and shipments
• General laboratory housekeeping and waste management
• Calibration and maintenance of laboratory equipment and services (e.g., routine cleaning of equipment, calibrating balances)
• Contribution to research projects as part of the biology and chemistry team, assisting with laboratory procedures (preparation of stock solutions, media, test samples, assist with maintenance of cultured cell lines)
Skills and characteristics
• Self-motivation and ability to use initiative
• Commitment to high quality standards
• Flexible approach
• Computer literate (Microsoft Office)
• High attention to detail
So how does the apprenticeship work?
Over 21 months, you’ll devote 20% of your 37.5 hours of working time towards a Level 3 Laboratory Technician apprenticeship. You’ll be trained by an expert tutor from Tiro as well as an experienced mentor at RxCelerate who together, will make sure you develop the knowledge, skills, and work habits you’ll need to succeed in your career. The best part? You’ll be earning while you learn.
Being an apprentice is hands-on, so you’ll get the chance to learn things you might otherwise not have experienced in a university or college environment.
Not ready to apply yet?