Working for Solmek Limited
olmek Limited is an independent site investigation company which has been operating since 2002. Our team includes qualified engineers, geologists and technicians who specialise in geotechnical and geo-environmental investigations. In recent years, we have expanded our work portfolio while gaining nationally recognised certifications (ISO 9001, 14001 & 45001) enabling us to provide clients the best quality service from initial Phase 1 Desk Studies through to detailed Phase 2 Site Investigations and beyond. Onsite services are supported by our in-house UKAS accredited geotechnical testing laboratory.
In this role, you’ll be a key player in contributing to an outstanding office function, by providing admin support to the team. The post holder must be willing to travel between the main site in Meadowfield, and the alternative site in Stockton.
What it's like being a Level 3 Business Administrator
The duties of a Business Administrator include providing office support to Solmek Limited and assisting the site teams with office administration requirements. Other duties and responsibilities include:
• supplier invoice processing
• supplier account reconciliation
• customer and client queries and statements
• sales ledger processing and credit control
• processing and managing high volumes of data
• assisting with month and year end accounts
• general administration and accounts support
• Updating filing systems
• Assisting in the maintenance of the Management systems
• Data inputting
• Some experience of working in a customer facing role would be an advantage but not a requirement
• Ideally English, Maths and Science GCSE A-C grade or equivalent (however lower grades will be considered, so don’t be put off)
Skills and characteristics
• Computer literate. Reasonable knowledge of MS Office suite of applications or equivalent
• Good standard of numeracy and literacy
• Reliable and Honest
• Responsible pro-active approach
So how does the apprenticeship work?
Over 15 months, you’ll devote 20% of your 37.5 hours of working time towards a Level 3 Business Administration apprenticeship. You’ll be trained by an expert tutor from Tiro as well as an experienced mentor at Solmek Limited, who together, will make sure you develop the knowledge, skills, and work habits you’ll need to succeed in your career. The best part? You’ll be earning a salary while you learn.
Being an apprentice is hands-on, so you’ll get the chance to learn things you might otherwise not have experienced in a university or college environment.
Tiro and Solmek Limited’s goal is to transform you into a fully competent business administrator, ideally open to accepting a full-time, permanent position within the team.
Drop us a message
and we’ll answer any questions you might have