AF Fasteners, Glossop – Science Manufacturing (Level 3)
Your next step towards your dream career…
Apply by: 5th July 2021
When? Monday to Friday, 39 hours per week
For how long? 21 months
How much? You’ll earn £167.70 a week, plus you will receive all the training and support you need to become a qualified Level 3 Science Manufacturing.
You’ll join AF Fasteners as an apprentice Science Manufacturing for a fixed period of 21 months.
AF Fasteners manufactures and supplies aerospace precision critical fasteners.
The CNC operative is responsible for the operation, calibration, and maintenance of the CNC machinery.
You’ll have the support of a mentor, a colleague whose job it is to keep an eye on your training and development in the role.
You’ll also devote about 20% of your time to working towards a Level 3 Laboratory Technician. You’ll be trained by an expert tutor from Tiro, who will make sure you develop the knowledge, skills, and work habits you’ll need to succeed in your apprenticeship.
Candidate will be mentored and trained as below:
Operation of 2 and 3 axis CNC turning machinery.
Ability to read and understand basic technical/mechanical part drawings.
Cleanliness, and responsibility of keeping own work area clean and clear of hazards.
Calibration and use of measuring equipment i.e. Caliper Gauge, Micrometer, Shadowgraph in both metric and imperial units.
CNC programme selection and basic settings/adjustments.
Tool changing and general maintenance of equipment and machinery.
Understanding of all associated paperwork, route cards and processes.
Who we’re looking for:
- Attention to detail– has a keen eye for detail, identifying and acting on anomalies.
- Problem solving – considers problems from all perspectives and offers us suitable solutions. Builds on the ideas of others to encourage creative problem solving.
- Decision making –able to tell the difference between important and irrelevant information to reach a conclusion. Can make decisions independently. Believes in the decision they have made.
- Teamwork – an effective team player. Identify opportunities to support in the delivery of shared goals. Show a strong team ethic.
- Communication – an excellent written and verbal communicator capable of interacting with stakeholders internal and external to the business. Can distil complex issues into simple, understandable language.
- Desire to learn and progress
- Strong communicator
- Integrity and honesty
- Basic Maths and English
- Proficient with basic IT softwareg. Microsoft Office
GCSE (or equivalent) C/4 in Maths and English.
The Advanced Level Apprenticeship (Level 3 Laboratory Technician) provides individuals with a sound knowledge base that can support them in undertaking further learning and development of their careers.
The experience & qualifications gained from this apprenticeship will prove invaluable to the successful candidate.
Future prospects include (but are not limited to):
The prospect of a full time position after successful completion of the apprenticeship.
The possibility of a L4+ qualification.
Once you’ve completed your apprenticeship, you may be offered a more permanent job with AF Fasteners. If not, your qualification will open doors elsewhere in a related field. Or you might decide to move on to a higher-level apprenticeship.