Open GI, Worcester – Business Administrator (Level 3)
Your next step towards your dream career…
Apply by: 16th July 2021
Your next step towards your dream career…
When? Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week
Where? Worcester, Worcestershire
For how long? 15 months
How much? You’ll earn £12,000 a year, plus you will receive all the training and support you need to become a qualified Level 3 Business Administrator.
You’ll join Open GI as an apprentice Business Administrator for a fixed period of 15 months.
The Business Administrator Apprentice will provide administrative support to the Insurer Relations team, primarily Head of Insurer Relations
You’ll have the support of a mentor, a colleague whose job it is to keep an eye on your training and development in the role.
You’ll also devote about 20% of your time to working towards a Level 3 Business Administrator. You’ll be trained by an expert tutor from Tiro, who will make sure you develop the knowledge, skills, and work habits you’ll need to succeed in your apprenticeship.
- Typing of development agreements, Change Requests, business charge agreements, letters and other general correspondence
- Chasing of orders for inclusion in monthly order intake targets
- Chasing of chargeable change requests from Insurers to ensure changes are implemented within the desired release
- Maintenance of internal logs (Orders, Project Management, Estimates, T & M, Confidentiality Agreements, Project Sign Offs, Annual Maintenance)
- Processing of reports from internal underwriting administration system
- Accurate requisitioning of invoices at correct payment stages and processing of credit note requests.
- Filing of completed orders and invoices, closed or declined estimates
- Resolution of insurer queries in respect of project invoicing
- Creation of Project ID’s for recording of time against projects
- Monthly production of user lists for all products
- Regular maintenance of customer presentations, product bulletins, sales campaign documentation and sales collateral
- Arrangements of meeting venues, refreshments and equipment
- Tracking and management of actions resulting from Insurer Review meetings
- General administrative tasks including filing and photocopying
- Monthly & Weekly Reporting to Associate Director of Insurer Relations
- Update and maintenance of Insurer contact information
- Preparation of data and reports for Insurer Review meetings
- Issue of Live Issue logs on a monthly basis to insurer partners
- Maintenance and creation of Gross margin reports for completed project developments
- Analysis of Gross margin reports to highlight areas where development tasks have overrun etc.
- Conduct review and improvement meetings with internal departments including but not limited to Finance, Contract Management and Software Development
- Management and control of Salesforce
- Ensure Contract accuracy standards are delivered for Insurer Relations
- Manage Sales Pricing documentation and processes
- Insurer Event co-ordination
- Implement Continuous process improvement
- Production and maintenance of Process Documentation
- Expense management of Insurer Relations Team, to include production of Expense reports
- Set Team Meeting Agendas, record minutes and actions
- Any other tasks set by the Head of Insurer Relations
Who we’re looking for:
- Microsoft Word – particularly layout and formatting (essential)
- Microsoft Excel – macros, formulas, graphs, presentation, and reporting (essential).
- Good knowledge of Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Organised, methodical, and accurate in approach with attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Confident and professional with a good telephone manner
- Able to interpret and present statistics
- Able to make recommendation for process improvement
- Influencing skills
- Commercial and Business awareness
- Ability to work mainlining a high degree of confidentially
- Process driven
- Team player with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Self-motivated with the ability to work on a number of different tasks
- Effective time management to enable deadlines to be achieved
- Able to work effectively without supervision
- Take responsibility and ownership for own tasks/actions
- Approachable and adaptable
- The ability to communicate effectively at all levels both verbally and in writing
- Grade 4/C at GCSE (or equivalent) in maths and English
- Advanced qualification in Word, Excel and PowerPoint – advantageous
The intention for this position is to become permanent after the completion of the apprenticeship. The role can open up opportunities for the right individual to be promoted within the Programme of Work they will be supporting as this is currently expanding. It can also open opportunities for exposure to other departments within the business.
Once you’ve completed your apprenticeship, you may be offered a more permanent job with Open GI. If not, your qualification will open doors elsewhere in a related field. Or you might decide to move on to a higher-level apprenticeship.