Capital Concrete, London – Laboratory Technician (Level 3)
Your next step towards your dream career…
When? Monday – Friday, 49 hours. Weekend and shift work are required
Where? Wembley, London
For how long? 21 months
How much? You’ll earn £20,000 a year, plus you will receive all the training and support you need to become a qualified Level 3 Materials Technician.
Please note: Capital Concrete can only consider candidates over the age of 18 for this role.
You’ll join Capital Concrete as an apprentice Laboratory Technician for a fixed period of 21 months.
The role will be based South, South-West and West London based however you may be expected to visit various site in and around London to test concrete cubes for use on major construction projects.
You’ll also devote about 20% of your time to working towards a Level 3 Laboratory Technician apprenticeship. You’ll be trained by an expert tutor from Tiro, who will make sure you develop the knowledge, skills, and work habits you’ll need to succeed in your apprenticeship.
This job will entail:
- Communicating with staff from both the technical and operations departments and customer representatives on site.
- Able to travel to Capital Concrete Plants and/or customer site supplied by Capital Concrete Plants and complete requisite testing
- Be able to use Microsoft Excel , Access , Word and Outlook
- Concrete cube testing and data entry
Who we’re looking for:
- Any Construction industry experience would be an advantage
- Qualifications would be beneficial although full training will be provided
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to demonstrate an ability to generate beneficial long term relationships
- Knowledge of Health & Safety practices
- Self-motivated and reliable individuals capable and able to work on their own initiative
- 3 GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) including maths and English
- Full UK driving license (due to travelling to different sites within the role)
- Attainment of Registered Science Technician (RSciTech).
- Apprentices may progress within their current place of employment, or find opportunities in other companies, to become Senior Science Technicians or Laboratory Managers. They may also look to continue their training on the Level 6 Laboratory Scientist Degree Apprenticeship, allowing them to become a Registered Scientist (RSci)
- Apprentices who complete the Health & Safety induction phase of this training will gain an Apprentice CSCS card. Upon completion of this apprenticeship, apprentices will gain a Gold Advanced Craft CSCS Card
- Opportunities for continued employment
- CPD/training, promotions
- Prospects within the organisation or wider field.
Things to consider:
- Travel is required as a part of the role.
- Company vehicle is provided to apprentices.
- Applicants should satisfy themselves that they are physically fit enough to carry out the duties required of this demanding position.