The Eastbourne Academy, Eastbourne – Information Communications Technician (Level 3)
Your next step towards your dream career…
What? Level 3 Information Communication Technician Apprenticeship
Where? Brodrick Rd, Eastbourne BN22 9RQ
When? Monday-Friday, 37 hours pw (9 til 4pm)
How much? £12,121.20 pa for the first year.
After which will increase to:
18-20 – £6.56
21-22 – £8.36
23+ – £8.91
How long? Fixed period of 18 months with the opportunity to stay on with Eastbourne Academy permanently
Other company benefits? 27 days holiday, including bank holidays
Working for Eastbourne Academy
The Eastbourne Academy is part of the Swale Academies which has developed into one of the South East’s leading Multi-Academy Trusts comprising of 17 schools. Swale Academies purpose is to develop good and outstanding schools and ensure the rapid improvement of schools with challenges. The Trust is an organisation which is driven by the belief that all children deserve a good quality education where they are seen as individuals and above all are exceptionally well cared for.
Located in Eastbourne the Academy’s curriculum is centred around teamwork, effort, and ambition to ensure that a strong sense of community and collaboration is at the heart of this school.
As an IT Technician, you’ll work as part of an innovative and responsive IT team to provide first-line support for these schools. You will assist with the maintenance of school services, provide remote support, and keep the school systems maintained to the highest possible standard.
What it’s like being an IT Technician
Based at The Eastbourne Academy, no two days are the same as an IT Technician. You’ll spend time between supporting school users to meet the academic, pastoral, and administration needs and the installation and maintenance of required software. Other responsibilities could include:
- Support School owned technology
- Operating system installs and setup
- Enrolling devices
- To repair school-owned equipment or arrange repair of equipment with 3rd parties
- Ensure appropriate security is maintained
- Password resets for school systems
- Ensure user accounts (MIS/System/Cloud) are accurate
- Maintaining accurate user accounts and permissions for on-premises services
- Monitoring and updating of Trust-wide helpdesk queries, take responsibility on tasks or assign to relevant members of staff
- Checking and reporting on equipment levels
- Contribute to Trust resources and knowledge base
- Facilitating contractor arrangements
- Adherence and promotion of School and Trust Policy
- Assist with school website or internal site upkeep
- Undertake training where required
- Assisting with strategic alignment
So how does the apprenticeship work?
At Tiro we’re obsessed with changing lives through science and technology apprenticeships so we can’t wait to have you on board.
Over 21 months, you’ll devote 20% of your 37 hours of working time towards a Level 3 Information Communication Technician apprenticeship. You’ll be trained by an expert tutor from Tiro as well as an experienced mentor at the Eastbourne Academy, who together, will make sure you develop the knowledge, skills, and work habits you’ll need to succeed in your career. The best part? You’ll be earning a salary while you gain your qualifications.
Being an apprentice is hands-on, so you’ll get the chance to learn things you might otherwise not have experienced in a university or college environment.
Tiro and The Eastbourne Academy’s goal is to transform you into a fully competent technician, ideally open to accepting a full-time, permanent position within the team upon completion of your apprenticeship.
- To perform this role, must be willing to travel to one of the 5 schools in the Eastbourne area
- A driving license would be preferable to allow movement between these schools but not essential
- The ability to show an interest in IT.
- Ideally English, Maths and Science GCSE A-C grade or equivalent (however all grades will be considered, so don’t be put off)
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office)
- Windows Permission and sharing control (desired but not essential)
- Google administration management experience (desired but not essential)
- Confidence to make good decisions
- Honesty & loyalty
- Teamwork-Good communication
- Flexibility-Ability to problem solve
- Self-reliance and motivation
- Eagerness to learn
- Punctuality-Time management
Once you’ve completed your apprenticeship, you may be offered a more permanent job. If not, your qualification will open doors elsewhere in a related field. Or you might decide to move on to a higher-level apprenticeship where available.