Wil-Test Solutions Ltd, Warrington – Laboratory Technician (Level 3)
Your next step towards your dream career…
When? Hours: Monday – Friday, 40 hours per week plus paid overtime where needed.
Where? Warrington, Cheshire, WA3 6SB
For how long? Fixed period of 21 months with a view to them progressing to Senior Technician/ Operations Manager/ Quality Role with us, where appropriate.
How much? You’ll earn £18,176.40 per annum (£8.91 ph), plus you will receive all the training and support you need to become a qualified Level 3 Materials Technician.
Working for Wil-Test Solutions
Wil-Test Solutions is a provider of onsite and laboratory construction and geotechnical testing. They offer high-quality testing services to clients whilst providing a great level of service and high standard of workmanship.
With that in mind they’re looking for meticulous people like you to guarantee the quality of materials being used on sites at their materials testing laboratory, based in Warrington in the North-West of England, conveniently located near the motorway network.
In this role, you’ll be a key player in in ensuring the quality of soils, aggregates, concrete, and bituminous materials meet the clients’ contractual obligations.
Founded in 2020, Wil-Test Solutions goal is to deliver high-quality testing services to their clients. Their aim is to fully support and nurture an apprentice through their training, with a view to them progressing to Senior Technician/ Operations Manager/ Quality Role with them, where appropriate.
What it’s like being a material testing tech?
You’ll be working in a laboratory but not as you know it. Be prepared to get mucky as you get to know your materials. This won’t be a sterile environment and requires someone who’s not afraid to get stuck in. A typical day consists of undertaking materials testing, compliant with UKAS requirements and the British Standard, whilst promoting the companies’ services, where appropriate.
Working as part of a close-knit team, you won’t be alone. You’ll be supported and guided, learning on the job, by an experienced materials technicians to gain official qualifications that’ll boost your career.
Through training and development provided you will work towards excellence in the following areas:
- Undertaking materials testing, compliant with UKAS requirements and the British Standard
- Promotion of the company’s services, where appropriate
- Responsibility for own work area/equipment by keeping it clean and well maintained
- Be familiar with the Quality Management System and ensure all activities comply with this
- Ensure the upkeep of any daily checks that are assigned to you
- To comply with laboratory and site safety procedures
- Responsible for maintaining training records
So how does the apprenticeship work?
At Tiro we’re obsessed with changing lives through science and technology apprenticeships so we can’t wait to have you on board.
Over 21 months, you’ll devote 20% of your 40 hours of working time towards a Level 3 Laboratory Technician apprenticeship. You’ll be trained by an expert tutor from Tiro as well as an experienced mentor at Wil-Test Solutions who together, will make sure you develop the knowledge, skills, and work habits you’ll need to succeed in your career. The best part? You’ll be earning just over £18,000 year while you learn.
Being an apprentice is hands-on, so you’ll get the chance to learn things you might otherwise not have experienced in a university or college environment.
Tiro and Wil-Test Solutions goal is to transform you into a fully competent technician, ideally open to accepting a full-time, permanent position within the team after completing your qualification.
Who we’re looking for:
- The ability to show an interest in construction, science, or laboratory testing.
- Ideally English, Maths and Science GCSE A-C grade or equivalent (however lower grades will be considered, so don’t be put off)
- Driving licence essential for on-site testing and sample collection
- Must be 25+ due to company van insurance policy
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office)
- Friendly and approachable
- Committed to self-development
- An excellent working ethic is essential, as you’ll be expected to control your workload yourself
- Willingness to go that extra mile
We are a relatively new company so there is certain scope for career progression with us, for the right people.
Our aim is to fully support and nurture an apprentice through their training/learning, with a view to them progressing to Senior Technician/ Operations Manager/ Quality Role with us, where appropriate.